We’re looking for Technical Architects who like to THINK BIG.
At Big Industries, we have the ambition to become the number one trusted advisor in data solutions. We offer expert consulting for Architecture definition, cloud and classic Data Lake deployments and advanced Data Engineering. If you want to work with data, we’re the best place to start!
We are looking for a can-do, proactive, problem-solving Technical Architect. Thanks to our wide variety of clients and big projects, you will always be able to keep growing as a professional. And whether you’re working on a project by yourself or with another Big Industries colleague, you can always count on your teammates for support!
So, what exactly will you be doing?
- You will provide Architectural direction and Quality Assurance by planning, designing, leading and executing technical solutions and improvements for our clients.
- Drive pre-sales activities from technical qualification to engaging with customers and follow up.
- Follow market trends and Generate Demand by evangelising our solution portfolio and technical capabilities.
- Assist in recruitment, including sourcing, intake and technical interviews.
What do you need to do a stellar job?
- Very strong expertise and experience (min. 10 years) in solution architecture, specifically with a focus on data, Big Data, and cloud based data processing solutions.
- Deep knowledge of a wide variety of technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Linux, SQL, Java, Python, Bash/shell, Scala, Docker, Ansible and Kubernetes.
- Experience in cloud environments (we partner with cloud providers AWS, Microsoft Azure and “Best of Breed” vendors like Cloudera and Confluent).
- Experience in classic compute environments and information systems security will also come in handy.
- A positive attitude and willingness to feed our family feel, share your wisdom and help your colleagues grow (like they will do for you).
We’ll think you're extra cool if you…
- Are good at coming up with memes (or posing for them).
- Own a 1989 Gameboy and are willing to share it, ‘cause we’ve lost ours.
What’s in it for you?
At Big Industries, we want you to become the professional you want to be. That’s why you’ll always have your team of experienced colleagues to help you and all the tools you need to do an amazing job.
Money and stuff…
- A nice salary package with extra benefits, such as home office allowance, eco vouchers,...
- A car you will want to show off to your family (with Benelux fuel card).
- A nice phone (of your choice) and laptop (Apple by default) to share funny memes with your colleagues.
- A lunch allowance (if bullies steal it, don’t come crying to us).
- A health and pension plan, to keep you happy and healthy now and when you’re in diapers!
But at least equally important:
- A part in the most exciting IT projects Belgium has to offer.
- Membership of our Big Industries Academy to keep learning any way you want.
- A personalized training plan and a budget to register for the training courses you need.
- Monthly check-ins to see how you’re doing (we’ll provide the tissues if it’s bad).
- Regular team events to keep connected with your colleagues as well as spontaneous, informal drinks.
- An awesome team that will always have your back, in person or via Slack!