We’re looking for a Data Engineer who likes to THINK BIG.
At Big Industries, we have the ambition to become the number one trusted advisor in data solutions. We offer expert consulting for Architecture definition, cloud and classic Data Lake deployments and advanced Data Engineering. If you want to work with data, we’re the best place to start!
Right now, we’re looking for a Data Engineer who’s as passionate as we are about new technology. Thanks to our wide variety of clients and big projects, you will always be able to keep growing as a professional. And whether you’re working on a project by yourself or with another Big Industries colleague, you can always count on your teammates for support!
So, what exactly will you be doing?
- You will be implementing complex and large scale data projects.
- Collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large data sets.
- Turning raw data into insights using multiple toolsets, techniques and cloud based platforms (we partner with cloud providers AWS and Azure and “Best of Breed” vendors like Cloudera and Confluent).
What do you need to do a stellar job?
- Some solid background to take on big projects. We’re thinking in terms of a degree in Computing or about 4 years of relevant experience within systems integration teams.
- A thorough understanding of Java and SQL and a solid grasp of best practices in software development.
- Experience using big data and related technologies (like Spark, Python, Scala, Kafka).
- Willingness to become AWS or Confluent Certified Developer.
- Very good knowledge of Linux Systems and shell scripting.
- A positive attitude and willingness to feed our family feel, share your wisdom and help your colleagues grow (like they will do for you).
We’ll think you're extra cool if you…
- Are good at coming up with memes (or posing for them).
- Own a 1989 Gameboy and are willing to share it, ‘cause we’ve lost ours.
What’s in it for you?
At Big Industries, we want you to become the professional you want to be. That’s why you’ll always have your team of experienced colleagues to help you and all the tools you need to do an amazing job.
Money and stuff…
- A nice salary package with extra benefits, such as home office allowance, eco vouchers,...
- A car you will want to show off to your family (with Benelux fuel card).
- A nice phone (of your choice) and laptop (Apple by default) to share funny memes with your colleagues.
- A lunch allowance (if bullies steal it, don’t come crying to us).
- A health and pension plan, to keep you happy and healthy now and when you’re in diapers!
But at least equally important:
- Membership of our Big Industries Academy to keep learning any way you want.
- A personalized training plan and a budget to register for the training courses you need.
- Monthly check-ins to see how you’re doing (we’ll provide the tissues if it’s bad).
- Regular team events to keep connected with your colleagues as well as spontaneous, informal drinks.
- An awesome team that will always have your back, in person or via Slack!